house

house

Friday 7 December 2012

Tonight I nearly died*

I have had a lovely day with a friend, out for lunch, clothes shopping and then in the dusky evening driving home.. I was happy with the way the day had gone, and not really thinking of much.. It was dark now, and there was a lot of people driving home  so traffic started to slow down and I suddenly thought I would try and overtake the car in front. So I started to make the move not realising that it was a two lane road! It was the sound of gravel and seeing the barrier shocked me into swerving back in line! Thank god there was room to get back into the queue-  realising that if any one had been asked to be witness to what happened they would have said ' she just drove into barrier!! '  Only now,sitting in my room do I realise how close I came to dying tonight! Just how fragile life can be, seconds turn into life changes  that can irrevocably turn into disaster*

8 comments:

  1. You must have an angel on your shoulder, thank god you are ok. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God Almighty, thank God you are alright!!!

    I just had a friend tell me that she drove down a one way street - the wrong way and almost crashed into 2 oncoming cars....It must be something in the air. She is safe and sound and I am so glad you are too! I'm quite sure you've still got a lot of stuff to do and we haven't met yet... lol! So be careful!!

    PS, love the new picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... so very glad you are fine.. and yes, sometimes the smallest mistake creates a life changing event..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am so glad you realized in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to meet you and that you were fine and God took care of you.Thank you for following Me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Rosie.... Thankg God you are safe... nothing is worth you risking your life like that... we have to face traffic everyday going back home and it is a killer but getting home safe is a priority no matter how long it takes... please take care of yourself as you are a treasure to many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your guardian angel protected you from danger. Thank the Lord you are OK.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness you are safe. It really does show you how quickly accidents can happen.

    ReplyDelete