house

house

Sunday 1 July 2012

A bit nervous

Tomorrow I am travelling to pick up an old school friend to go to Oxford and meet up with other school friends I have not seen since I left school over 50 years ago!! I am a bit nervous to see them and garner all the news of their lives and mine, since we last met. I know that I do not have the same shape, hair colour or looks as I had then, but maybe they will have changed too! It will be fun seeing them again I am sure, and we shall have a wonderful lunch together.

We were originally meeting as  another friend was coming to England from Spain where she lives. However her health let her down and she is presently in hospital having a stent put in to sort out the mini strokes she's been ignoring for a while. She is forever optimistic and does not take them seriously, but the latest episode I think, will change that!

 I am also nervous because the wretched car was making silly noises yesterday as I drove it. John .my husband, said it was because we do not drive long distances with it, and that was what caused the valve to go and be replaced earlier this year. He thinks that the long drive tomorrow will sort it out,. I do hope so!

The sun is shining now after a load of showers ,and that always makes me feel better.. I will try and take pictures to remind myself of our getting together, and we shall all promise not to leave it so long to catch up again. One of the girls is over from her house in Kenya where she has lived since she married, and that will be so interesting hearing how she manages over there. She is recently widowed so that will be another load of things to hear about.

I am undecided what I am going to wear, with this weather being so changeable it would be nice to wear a dress, but not sure about it.. and yet I don't want to get too hot whilst travelling.

Our car is only 5 years old and is a Jaguar Estate, and an expensive car, both to run and repair, so I'll be  keeping my  fingers crossed that our journey will be safe and sound and I arrive back in one piece!!


2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. It sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I hope the car behaves itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It will be an amazing day. I have only seen one or two school friends since I left, I wish I could meet back up with all the girls again. Hope you had a great time and fingers crossed that the car runs well, Sally xx

    ReplyDelete